Categories of Personal Data Processed by Trackimo
- Why we process personal data
- Legal grounds for processing personal data
- European union user rights under the GDPR and how to exercise them
- Contact information for Trackimo data controllers
- Contact information for the Trackimo data protection officer in the European union
Personal data that is processed when you create a Trackimo account:
When you create a Trackimo account, we ask you to provide your email address and name. You can choose to provide only your first name or a nickname instead of your full name if you wish.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS:
Personal data that is processed when you sign in to your Trackimo account with Social Media Credentials if you choose:
- (a) Trackimo processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on Trackimo's legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
- (c) If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from Trackimo, Trackimo will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about Trackimo products and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your Trackimo account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails. The marketing emails you receive from Trackimo are based on the preferences you provide in your Trackimo account, the locale indicated by your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the types of Trackimo devices you have added to your Trackimo account, and any subscriptions included in your Trackimo account. The legal ground for processing this data for this purpose is Trackimo's legitimate interest in reducing the number of marketing emails sent to each particular customer by selecting which customers receive a particular marketing email rather than sending every marketing email to every customer who has consented to receiving marketing emails.
- (d) Trackimo also processes your email address to associate it with your Trackimo account when you interact with our customer support representatives. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND:
- You may choose to sign in to your Trackimo account using your social media sign in credentials (e.g., your Facebook sign in credentials). If you choose to do this, the first time you do so you will be asked whether you agree that the social media provider may provide certain information to Trackimo, such as your name, email address, profile photo, posts, comments and other information associated with your social media account.
- All of this information is made available to Trackimo by the social media provider due to the way the social sign-on configuration works. However, the only information Trackimo retains and processes is your email address. If you do not want your information to be shared with Trackimo by the social media provider, then you can simply sign in to your Trackimo account using your Trackimo account credentials instead of your social media account credentials.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND:
- Trackimo associates the email address provided by the social media provider with your Trackimo account so that you can use your email address to sign in to your Trackimo account in the future if you no longer wish to sign in using your social media account credentials. The legal ground for processing this information for this purpose is Trackimo's legitimate interest in providing you an alternative sign in method and in securing your account.
- Personal data that is processed when you sync your Trackimo device:
- When you sync your device, we log data about the transmission, such as the IP address used when syncing, the sync time and date, crash/diagnostic logs, geographic location of the device, information about your device, information about the network used to sync (e.g., Wi-Fi or cellular) and device battery level.
- We process this information to help identify and resolve errors or syncing issues. The legal ground for processing this information for this purpose is Trackimo's legitimate interest in resolving errors or syncing issues and providing quality product support.